Kaiya school had a recital, and her class put on a presentation about the book "Where the Wild Things Are". Kaiya was one of several Wild Things. The first scene she sang, but she barely made it to the stage as she was crying about going on. She was a Wild Thing in the third set and she threw such a fuss that her principle asked me to come back stage. It took me 30 seconds to calm her down and let her know I was right in front watching. So she was able to go on stage. She, surprisingly, said her line "Tabetai"-"I want to eat", which is captured on video. I was very proud of her. In the last school group song, she threw a bigger fit, I went back stage one more time, she was still crying and insisting she stood next to her friend Hana (which she finally got her way). The entire performance was 2 hours and 45 minutes long....I was hot, cramped and standing or sitting on my rear (no more seats), in an awkward position as there was little space. I honestly though I would pass out, but thank goodness I had some crackers to nibble on and a bit of water. I sound like I was in a prison! Anyway, it was worth it to see Kaiya and her stage fright!!!!
Apologize for the horrible video. The camera's zoom doesn't work...it was the best I could do for the moment! She's the first immediate voice you hear.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Rachelle, my name is Brad Doudican and I'm a friend of Matt's from high school. I checked an old email address, and saw Matt emailed me. That's how I got to your blog - great to see such a beautiful family! Love to hear more stories and learn how you all are doing, and what Matt's latest assignment is in Japan. Great to reconnect!
ReplyDeleteBrad (brad.doudican@gmail.com)