Friday, November 27, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving!
We had a great Thanksgiving Day with many blessings to be grateful for such as Matt coming home a week prior. Kaiya was excited to see her Papa, that she was shrieking with joy when we picked him up at his boat (sorry, ship). The first thing she wanted to do was to "play fairies" with Papa when we got home, something I'm sure Matt was just dreaming about doing as his first experience back from deployment! Anyway, fairies it was, while I finished dinner and then basically, the whole night was: "I want Papa to sit next to me", "I want to eat from Papa's plate", "I want Papa to help me brush my teeth", "I want Papa to read me a book"....I was kicked to the curb so quickly, I was even astonished. She was all on him, into his clothes, trying to copy him, and wanting his undivided attention! This lasted for two days, then I got her back and now I'm like--Kaiya my hands are full, can you ask Papa to help you?!
For Thanksgiving we hosted dinner for friends we invited. Had a great meal which consisted of meals from the Grandmas. Raspberry Pretzel Bottom Salad from DeeTee, Apple Stuffing from Omi, and Corn Casserole from Grandmommy. Threw in a Michigan Turkey, Broccoli Rabe, gravy, bean casserole, and pumpkin & apple pies...we were doing well. Ate so much Matt and I went to workout today! Kaiya had a blast with her two friends Lauren and Laina (had so much fun she didn't want to go potty and had two accidents!!!). The girls put on a beautiful puppet show, with the puppets they made from the crafts sent by Omi (thank you!!!). Anyway, we had a wonderful day and wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thank you for being a supportive and loving network of family and friends!!! Miss you all!!!!
P.S.
Kaiya loves this cartoon called "Samurai Jack". So her teacher helped her make this samurai sword!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment